How we will handle your data and protect your privacy.
A guide to how we meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
In order to fully understand your financial needs and be able to give good advice, we need to obtain information about you, your family, your personal circumstances, and your preferences. It is important you understand how your data will be handled and how we will process your details.
Some of the information will be private and may be sensitive, such as details of your income and expenditure, physical and mental health, debts and credit commitments, legal proceedings and adverse credit. Much of the information you provide will, as part of your application, be passed on to the company whose products you apply for.
Our commitment to you:
- Keep your personal information confidential and secure at all times;
- Use your personal data with care and only for the purpose of providing advice in respect of the range of products and services described at the outset;
- Only share your information with third parties who comply with the Data Protection Act and only with your consent or where we are required to do so by Law or regulations;
- Only keep your information for as long as is necessary to complete the work we are doing for you, or for as long as we are required to by law or regulations;
- Make every effort to ensure the information you provide is recorded accurately.
- Not send your information abroad without ensuring its security.
- Provide access to your personal information under the Data Protection Act when requested.
Your commitment to us:
You agree to:
- Disclose all material information to help us provide you with the right advice;
- Provide open and honest answers to our questions at all times;
- If you prefer not to disclose some information, to state that you prefer not to disclose it – this may impede our ability to provide suitable advice;
- To provide any supporting documentation that may be required.
How we will use your data:
We will use your data to:
- Assess and provide advice to meet your needs and circumstances;
- Introduce you to a range of product and service providers in order to meet your requirements;
- Administer cases and assist processing of applications;
- Tell you about any changes to products and service we have arranged for you;
- Analyse our business for trends and research how we can improve our services to customers;
- Inform you about products and services we think may be suitable for you (unless you ask us not to send you this information);
- Comply with the various laws and regulations as required;
- Verify your identity by conducting searches of publicly available records;
- Prevent financial crimes such as money laundering and fraud by passing your details to other relevant bodies such as the police and National Crime Agency.
Your Rights under the Data Protection Act:
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Act. These include the right to:
- Ask for a copy of your personal information. This must be in writing and there will be a charge for this to cover our administration. This is currently £10.
- Stop us sending you marketing material about products and services.
- Have any incorrect information we hold about you corrected.
How to get more information:
If you would like further details on how we use your personal information or if you have any data protection queries, please write to:
The Data Protection Officer
HL Partnership Limited
2nd Floor, Unit 1
Southern Gate Office Village, Southern Gate
Chichester, West Sussex
Telephone: 01903 602664*
Facsimile: 01903 538852
*Telephone calls may be recorded and monitored for training and security purposes.